Friday, October 29, 2010

Lavoros Italian Trattoria Review and Photo Recap




                                    
One of my favorite Italian restaurants is out in East Memphis, in what appears to be an old KFC located at the corner of Sycamore View and Summer Avenues. What they lack in atmosphere, they more than make up for in incredible food and customer service.

The restaurant is run by folks I am happy to call friends. Coach Mike, Michael, and Amy Working are some of the nicest restaurateurs in the industry. They pride themselves on fresh ingredients and simple homemade food. Next to the patio by the front door, growing the herb garden, are the flavors for the incredible food inside.

I was especially excited about having our October gathering at Lavoro’s Italian Trattoria. I knew they would take care of our group. They exceeded all my expectations.

Our menu included:
Appetizers
Fresh Stone Bread with Calbrian Chili Paste and Brushcetta topping
Lavoro's Homemade Chips
Our Soon to be World Famous Mozzarella Sticks
Plates of our Spicy Meatballs

Entres

Thick Sliced Eggplant Parmesean
Stuffed Red Peppers filled with our homemade bolognese and rice
*so tasty, that I had to make it my profile picture
Portobello Mushroom Ravioli in Brodo
Chicken Marsala and a side of Italian Spinach

Desserts

White Chocolate Bread Pudding (with our homemade bread)
Tiramisu

As I was a little occupied with Atticus, I missed out on an entree or two, but I know everyone left stuffed and happy. I heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone in the group. Some of the menu items creating the most buzz:

Spicy meatballs,
Portobello Mushroom Ravioli in Brodo,
Fresh Stone Bread (baked in house daily)
Stuffed Red Pepper
and the White Chocolate Bread Pudding.

I don’t normally do stuffed Peppers, but Lavoro's has me rethinking my "no stuffed pepper" rule. I will probably order it when we go back to Lavoro's again.   

Our sampling menu didn't even begin to touch their extensive menu which includes panninis, rolled sandwiches,  pizzas and soups.

5849 Summer Ave.
901.377.2141
hours: .

Photos courtesy of Sophorn McRae aka norococo

Lavoro's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment